Thursday, May 30, 2013

Make Your Own Arrangements...

 Today I was minding my own business shopping at my local grocery store when I came along this little treasure.  It was a cart full of flowers that they were giving away for half price!  I thought it was to good to be true, so I picked up a bundle and examined each flower and to my surprise the flowers looked great. (no browning of the pettals)  So for $5 I took a bundle home with me and went to work.






Making your own bouquet is fairly simple.  First, I got two of my smaller vases and filled them with warm water.  Warm water is best so you don't shock the flowers when you transfer them from one place to another.  Second, I picked off any petals that I didn't like.  I also removed any foliage that would be left in my water.  This helps to keep the water clean and the flowers living longer.  Then I laid out the flowers and used a scissors to cut off the ends.   I like to hold the flowers up to the vase before I cut to have a better idea of how long to leave the stems.  Be careful not to cut to short, you can always cut more off if you need to.  Last, arrange them however you like!  The more you practice the better you will get.  Even if its your first time, flowers always look beautiful, so no worries if your arrangements are not perfect.



Try this for yourself and let me know how it goes.  Ask your local grocer if they have a certain day they put their old flowers on sale, then make an arrangement for yourself and a friend:)



ENJOY:)

No comments:

Post a Comment